Building group for youth hostel
This thread is all about trying to get a big group so we can all stay in a youth hostel in Stuttgart together. This isn't only because being with brony roommates is more fun but because it will get cheaper:

(27.01.2013, 17:10)derpwave Wrote: I also asked about the membership. They confirmed what I mentioned earlier:
If you want to stay there, you either pay additional 3,10€ per night or 15,50€ once to obtain a membership for either that night or the whole year.

EDIT: The youth hostel administration Stuttgart informed me that if you travel as group (7 or more people), nobody needs a membership if the whole group pays 15,50€ per night. The bigger the group, the cheaper it gets. This option is only available for international guests. (Bronies assemble!)

The estimated stay of the group will be from Friday (arrival) to Monday (departure). If you want to stay longer, it's recommanded to look for a place to be for the rest of your stay in advance.

IMPORTANT: THE OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE IF THE MAJORITY OF THE GROUP CONSISTS OF FOREIGN BRONIES not anymore. Anyone can join without a waiting list now.

Summary:

Stay: Friday - Sunday/Monday
Current costs: http://i.imgur.com/GErlvE7.png
Accommodation: 4-bed-rooms
Miscellaneous: breakfast included

Sorry fellow bronies and pegasisters, but the hostel is full. So no more sign ups are accepted :(

So far the group consists of:

Staying until Sunday:

Sugarholik ✓
Luxin_Nocte ✓
PengWinBrony ✓

Staying until Monday:
Kosay ✓
IvoryKeysADSR ✓
Ferraripony ✓
AnotherUnknownBrony ✓
BlaX ✓
Legeden ✓
darm ✓
Snix ✓
Theokrat ✓
costanza ✓
SilberCorgi ✓
Minizinger ✓
AnsisMalins ✓
Gloaming ✓
Ajdrianpony ✓
Knyaz Andrey ✓
serchala ✓
TheKubajs ✓
Claymon ✓
MrMaidx ✓
Fireworks ✓
Oizys ✓
Xin ✓
Daylight ✓
TheAnYPony ✓
Tirilka ✓
Iluzon ✓
Schimy ✓
Cutlynx ✓
Chiado ✓
DoctorPicle ✓
Renard ✓
YayDerpy ✓
I have the contact information for the youth hostel administration Stuttgart, so if you need any info, ask right away and I'll call them. The Youth Hostel International (last year's venue) has also some basic information on their website (ENG).
Assuming that you'll go there by public transportation, I think my post here might be interesting for those who haven't seen it yet.

Cheers
Traveller on a limited budget here, count me in!
[Image: eurobarfinland_zps6d15d57f.png]
Reporting in.
Why do you want to stay in Stuttgart? There is a youth hostel in Ludwigsburg from the same association, which is nearer at the GalaCon. Well 3,4 km vs 16,3 is no really big difference (if you drive by car). But you will be able to walk to the GalaCon, if you want to.

http://ludwigsburg.jugendherberge-bw.de/ (unfortunately no english available)
Sorry if you only wanted to stay in Stuttgart, just wanted to mention this.

Btw I would like to be in, but sadly I'm not international Derpy eyes

Sorry nevermind just tried too get a room there and it is fully booked
That's exactly why I proposed Stuttgart, you can get there easily by city train and it's 700m from the station to the venue :)
http://goo.gl/maps/6ULTf
Try to say "bubbles" in a really angry intonation.
(30.01.2013, 20:32)AnotherUnknownBrony Wrote: This thread is all about trying to get a big group so we can all stay in a youth hostel in Stuttgart together. This isn't only because being with brony roommates is more fun but because it will get cheaper:

(27.01.2013, 17:10)derpwave Wrote: I also asked about the membership. They confirmed what I mentioned earlier:
If you want to stay there, you either pay additional 3,10€ per night or 15,50€ once to obtain a membership for either that night or the whole year.

EDIT: The youth hostel administration Stuttgart informed me that if you travel as group (7 or more people), nobody needs a membership if the whole group pays 15,50€ per night. The bigger the group, the cheaper it gets. This option is only available for international guests. (Bronies assemble!)

So, is there already a group which will spend the nights there and which can be joined (especially as I still need a place to sleep *wink wink*)? If that's the case we can keep this thread up for many others to join. Otherwise we'll just start to build a group now.

May I join the group too, although I'm german? I don't know whether the whole group has to be 'international' RD wink
Could be interested.
(15.02.2013, 13:34)Daylight Wrote: May I join the group too, although I'm german? I don't know whether the whole group has to be 'international' RD wink

PM Derpwave about that. Rules seem kinda strict, so don't get your hopes up.

Also we probably won't find that many people on these forums alone. Go advertise this in your local communities!
When we have big enough group it would be wise to share our phone numbers. Not everyone (maybe just me Derpy eyes) have access to internet while on a road so it's good to have some way of communication if someone is late or lost or anything.
As I proposed in the other thread, if you have definite plans as a group to stay at one of Stuttgart's youth hostels, I wouldn't mind giving the group leader my contact information and trying to come to terms with the hostel to assure a comfortable stay in Stuttgart ;)

I'd say someone should act as potential group leader and keep track of who is interested in participating. That's the best way to elaborate if there's enough interest justifying the effort of organizing such an event.

In the meantime I'll inquire if it's possible to choose the 15,50€ option as a group that includes German guests.

I'd recommend advertising this board to everybody who might be interested instead of settling it in other boards - this way, it's easier for everybody to stay on top of things.
(18.02.2013, 10:23)derpwave Wrote: I'd say someone should act as potential group leader and keep track of who is interested in participating. That's the best way to elaborate if there's enough interest justifying the effort of organizing such an event.

Ah. Might as well volunteer for that.
(18.02.2013, 09:27)Sugarholik Wrote: PM Derpwave about that. Rules seem kinda strict, so don't get your hopes up.

Shoot....I'm German as well, I thought "international" means of different nations not "foreigns only".

(18.02.2013, 10:23)derpwave Wrote: In the meantime I'll inquire if it's possible to choose the 15,50€ option as a group that includes German guests.

Let's hope so...
Wait, why would a hostel would have such a rule? Don't they want our money? I mean, are Germans not allowed to stay at the hostel at all or do they just have to pay extra or what?
(27.01.2013, 17:10)derpwave Wrote: EDIT: The youth hostel administration Stuttgart informed me that if you travel as group (7 or more people), nobody needs a membership if the whole group pays 15,50€ per night. The bigger the group, the cheaper it gets. This option is only available for international guests. (Bronies assemble!)

The last line sums it up I guess.
Well derpwave, can you give the youth hotel another call, because I don't want to end it like in Ludwigsburg, where everything is booked out.

And just another question, when do you want to get there?
I ask because I'm a guard and I like to be there on Thursday, so that I can be early there on Friday to help.
If you all will be there first at Friday, I will call the hotel and ask, if it's possible to be one evening alone and then with the group.
I don't see what's the point in not allowing locals at all. Likely it's just that germans don't get the discount.

But let's wait for derpwave...

Quote:when do you want to get there?

For me it's flexible because I'm interrailing. Friday might be nice so there's a chance to get a good night's sleep before the con.

There's nothing stopping you to come in early, checking out and then checking in again with rest of the group. If you explain the situation you probably won't even need to change room.
Hey guys,

Sorry that it took me so long. Yes, this option (temporary group membership for 15,50€ per night) is also available for groups in which the minority is from Germany. Most members have to be foreigners though.

Cheers,
Timmy
Fluttershy grin yay!
That means AnotherUnknown, Daylight and Theokrat could join us and we need just one more foreigner!
(20.02.2013, 11:51)Sugarholik Wrote: Fluttershy grin yay!
That means AnotherUnknown, Daylight and Theokrat could join us and we need just one more foreigner!

We definitely need another one, so we are at least 7 (and that's the point at which the offer gets available)
(20.02.2013, 14:40)AnotherUnknownBrony Wrote:
(20.02.2013, 11:51)Sugarholik Wrote: Fluttershy grin yay!

We definitely need another one, so we are at least 7 (and that's the point at which the offer gets available)

I like this kind of news, only one international person more and we'll be meeting in Stuttgart Happy