[2019] GalaCon Volunteer Applications
Volunteer registrations for GalaCon 2019 are open. We're looking for volunteers for several teams that will help us make GalaCon the event of the year again. Read everything about it on our home page. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or by mail at volunteer(at)galacon.eu.

Current status of volunteer applications:

2019-06-25:
  • Volunteer applications are open. We're looking for volunteers.

• There's an automated reply mail that will confirm that we have your application.

• Every application email sent until 2019-06-25 should have got an accept/reject mail. If you applied before that, and didn't get such a reply, contact me.

• Applications after 2019-06-25 will have to wait for the next planned wave of accepts/rejects.

• Accepted volunteers who have signed the contract and completed the registration up to 2019-06-25 should have access to the hidden volunteers section.

404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
I send my application as an volunteer.
Now I'm ready to get an GO or NO on that matter.
Wenn man beim Aufbauen helfen will, ab wann wird das Aufbauen begonnen oder ab wann soll man da sein?
Usually we start registering the volunteers on Friday around 14:00 until 18:00. Cleanup on Sunday is usually done at around 21:00, though not many volunteers are needed til the end.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
When you buy a plus ticket and you get accepted as volunteer, do i have to pay the different between a basic and a plus ticket(or bizzam)? :)
Basically yes, you'll get a discount of a standard ticket if you want to buy a higher tier ticket.
I am new and love to help
Any new info?
Probably within the next two weeks. Its a big pile of applications to dig through.
(07.03.2019, 01:43)404compliant Wrote: Probably within the next two weeks. Its a big pile of applications to dig through.

You can do it! Fluttershy grin
(15.03.2019, 18:57)Dominika Wrote: Spam post removed. ~404compliant

I don't know this “Happy People Wed”, but I didn't fund any negative post to it and it looks like the Russians like it. (I fond a tonne of post with Russian like glyphs)
A link to a wedding agency in die Dominican Republic - for a wedding that supposedly is somewhere here in Europe, or at least the question about experiences from people here with this agency.

Totally legit post... not. Try better next time, no one here's gonna use the services of an agency from half around the world for a wedding here.
hm. The starting post was a bit... uncorrect since yesterday. But i think, there's actually nothing worked here. Maybe this weekend... *waiting*
Eh, it's alright. Maybe 404 is just busy.
(22.03.2019, 20:43)Crash Override Wrote: hm. The starting post was a bit... uncorrect since yesterday. But i think, there's actually nothing worked here. Maybe this weekend... *waiting*

Actually, I was sending these mails after midnight, so... Not bad

Anyway, sending these mails is not everything, I had a lot of paperwork left for today, and lots of totally new paperwork in my inbox. It'll take some time to prepare the forums and chats too, so just relax, no need to hurry.
Hey y´all,
First of all i wanted to thank you for accepting my application and i can´t wait to work with all of you to make this year's galacon as special as the last few.

Until then have a nice day and i hope to hear from ya in the future.
Some useless facts, because I was curious too:

What are the chances to be accepted in a team you applied for?

Team            Team size   applied   succeeded
Floor           19 %        36 %      53 %
Vendor          8 %         38 %      22 %
Gala            4 %         25 %      17 %
Disco           3 %         26 %      11 %
Signing         5 %         ----      ----
Panel           11 %        40 %      29 %
Games           11 %        37 %      31 %
Runner          2 %         42 %      4 %
Reception       11 %        30 %      36 %
Documentation   8 %         16 %      54 %
Tech            7 %         20 %      35 %
Plushie         10 %        36 %      27 %

Based on 2018 volunteer teams & applications.
Team size: How many of the volunteers work there? (half time jobs count half)
Applied: How many of the volunteers applied for that team? (multiple applications possible)
Succeeded: How many of the volunteers applying actually were in that team?
Aaaaand we have a volunteers section and the Telegram and Discord chats.
Did my signed contract go through? I haven't been added to either the volunteers section or Discord channels.
(17.04.2019, 11:00)LightningGear Wrote: Did my signed contract go through?

The contract arrived. The registration form is still missing.