Cosplays all over GalaCon
Alright, so who will be attending this year´s GalaCon in a neat cosplay?
Doesn´t matter if selfmade, bought or rented. Tell us what you are planning and maybe show some pics of you and your cosplay, WIPs, references, [/spoiler]whatever you like.

I for instance will be cosplaying Cherry Jubilee. As a reference I used this fanart by an artist from DeviantArt.
50% of the cosplay are done, since I only bought some nice accessories as shown below.
Jeez, didn´t think it´d be that hard to find a yellow alice band with cherries on it. So I just bought a simple one made of satin and will handpaint the cutie mark on it. If possible I might even print the cutie mark several times on transparent film (like the one that is used for printing on t-shirts) and iron it onto the surface of the alice band.
O.o You will look so good in this! Photo of finished cosplay? :3
Psycho life is the best.
[Image: eurobarpoland_zps2a78befb.png]
The cosplay´s not finished yet but as soon as it will be done I´ll make sure to post pics. :) First I need to buy light yellow clothes and tailor them to fit perfectly and as close to the reference as possible. Maybe I´ll give a sneak preview by the end of the month.
I won't exactly cosplay, but who knows, I might have a new cowboy hat by that, so that counts, right? *g*
[Image: 8bitApplejack.png]
Artworks // Shirts & Prints // Ask Human Discord
Head of Events and PR Assistant at GalaCon

Sure does, Perry! You´re so awesome by yourself, people would love to actually cosplay you! Happy
I'll be cosplaying as my OC for sure. As for any other costumes, that remains to be seen.
Yeah, I know what time it is. But I´m bored and just couldn´t resist to set up for test purposes.
Made a background similar to the one used in the reference picture posted above. The clothes are neither final yet nor is the alice band done. Just wanted to try out how difficult it is to do the hair like Cherry Jubilee. I suppose that there´s not a professional hairstylist here who could give me some advice, eh?
I think I'm maybe cosplaying (and selling as if I'm accpected) my OC pony too <3
Miss..i think i fall in love :I You look cute >3< I wish i will meet you on GalaCon! I dont really know i get there :/ But anyways nice cosplay!
Psycho life is the best.
[Image: eurobarpoland_zps2a78befb.png]
I'll be selling plushies in my DJ Pon-3 Cosplay Fluttershy grin http://pinkuart.deviantart.com/art/Defeated-324063575
[Image: banner-2.png]
(22.01.2013, 18:04)Pinku Wrote: I'll be selling plushies in my DJ Pon-3 Cosplay Fluttershy grin http://pinkuart.deviantart.com/art/Defeated-324063575

Does that pipe-hair glow ? I know that I've seen couple of girls on raves who actually had the same but it would even light up and glow O.o

Also I do envy the ability to wear skirt in august weather in Dj-pon3 outfit.. white jeans in such weather are gonna be a pain.. I really do hope the building will have A-C on ! (cosplaying Vinyl Scratch fan too.. rave on!)

-Mel
Luna 2017: Festival Fantazie, Galacon, CZEQUESTRIA 
[Image: eurobarczechrep_zpsebab84c0.png]
[Image: Signature_Banner_zps0bwfwkhu.png]

Czequestria's dragon keeper
Hay, I've seen that costume before! As I recall, it was one of my favorites. Hope I get a chance to meet the creator this year.
(23.01.2013, 12:55)Melgarh Wrote: Does that pipe-hair glow?
[...]
I really do hope the building will have A-C on!

Yes it has A-Con.
And the pipes can be lit by adding LEDs. Since they need only small amounts of power, even a rather small and weak battery can sustain them for a hours. AND isn't so heavy and easy to hide.
That's just theory however.
(23.01.2013, 13:18)Bookworm Wrote: Hay, I've seen that costume before! As I recall, it was one of my favorites. Hope I get a chance to meet the creator this year.
Yay! Looking forward to seeing you at the con. Fluttershy grin

(23.01.2013, 12:55)Melgarh Wrote:
(22.01.2013, 18:04)Pinku Wrote: I'll be selling plushies in my DJ Pon-3 Cosplay Fluttershy grin http://pinkuart.deviantart.com/art/Defeated-324063575

Does that pipe-hair glow ? I know that I've seen couple of girls on raves who actually had the same but it would even light up and glow O.o

Also I do envy the ability to wear skirt in august weather in Dj-pon3 outfit.. white jeans in such weather are gonna be a pain.. I really do hope the building will have A-C on ! (cosplaying Vinyl Scratch fan too.. rave on!)

-Mel
It does glow under blacklight, it would be able to glow under normal circumstances if I added LEDs, like stargaze suggested.
: ) I've never done that before, might give it a try! Would look nice in the ballroom, if they let me in in that outfit. There's no way Vinyl Scratch would wear formal attire Rdlaugh
I'm looking forward to seeing your outfit, maybe we get to take some pics together Fluttershy grin
I'll be in the dealer's room on saturday, haven't decided yet what I am going to wear on sunday. I'd love to sew a second mlp cosplay, but I think I won't have time for that as I am going to focus on plushies.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing lots of amazing cosplayers at the con Pinkie approved
@Pinku
yay! then I won't be the only seller in ponydress Happy my OCs colors are very similar to your awesome outfit, we should take some photos then X3
(23.01.2013, 18:34)Pinku Wrote: There's no way Vinyl Scratch would wear formal attire Rdlaugh

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Tounge
Just needs the right approach.

I guess there's gonna be a photo frenzy anyway.
(23.01.2013, 19:32)zuckerschnuti Wrote: @Pinku
yay! then I won't be the only seller in ponydress Happy my OCs colors are very similar to your awesome outfit, we should take some photos then X3
Yeah,let's do that! Fluttershy grin

(23.01.2013, 19:58)Stargaze Wrote: I find your lack of faith disturbing. Tounge
Hmmm that looks alright : D I'm not too much into steampunk or formal things in general though, hope they still let me in Rdlaugh There is a disco planned after the ball afterall, right? RD deals with it
Althou these are only prototype and they are fresh from print, I'm preparing both casual and formal DJ-Pon3 cosplay RD deals with it

Sadly the hand-made nature of these ties and limitations of the digital print machine are causing some colour spills and not even lines buuuut lets just pretend its all ok! Cool

Still need to find a pernament marker or way to get the stickers to actually stick on the headphones.. their bendy nature is rather.. annoying.

Getting a white tuxedo on other hand is gonna be a challenge ..
Luna 2017: Festival Fantazie, Galacon, CZEQUESTRIA 
[Image: eurobarczechrep_zpsebab84c0.png]
[Image: Signature_Banner_zps0bwfwkhu.png]

Czequestria's dragon keeper
Dude.
Awesome.

These aren't glasses, this is a visor and beyond cool.

A white tuxedo? Well, a tuxedo is hard to come by, the cheaper version is a "suit". That's what you need.

I got one for (*drums*) mere 30€ nine years ago. Not sure if that helps, but I got one at C&A.
German site won't help, let me see if I can find another one ...

[Edit:]
http://www.c-and-a.com/cz/cz/corporate/fashion/

This one perhaps? Now you need to look round there, perhaps there's one available online.
Else, try to look if a store closeby has one. I'll google a bit more.

[Edit2:]
Doesn't help. Try amazon and ebay, perhaps you are lucky as dumb. Else, good luck, but tring to find stuff available for you is gambling, since I can hardly tell what is proper and what not.

Good Luck!
@Melgarh: Gosh, that visor and headphones look great! Can´t wait to see you in that with a nice suit on. :) You´ll look great, I can tell. You´ll be a sight for everyone, so prepare to be asked for taking photos a heavy lot!

@Pinku: Adding LEDs would make that outfit even more powerful than it already is. Looks good on you but I´m afraid you won´t get access to the formal gala event in that. As far as I´m informed the con staff is working on the dress code (which we had last year too) and this time the guards will strictly look after that the dress code is followed. If I´m not completely wrong there will be a disco where you can shoot off that awesome cosplay though.