Poll: Just how hyped for the upcoming GalaCon are you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
OMG I'M SO HYPED I CAN'T WAIT GONNA EXPLODE!!!
23.53%
4 23.53%
HYPE TRAIN! ^^
35.29%
6 35.29%
I'm really glad it's going to happen.
35.29%
6 35.29%
I'm saving my excitement for the day I'm finally there.
5.88%
1 5.88%
Meh... Nothing to be hyped about.
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[2017] GalaCon Hype Thread
Rainbow 
Greetings, everypony!

It's a pleasure for me, and, I'm sure, for all of you to realise that less than in half-a-year we're going to meet at the wonderful event called "GalaCon". It, indeed, is going to happen, and just think of how much fun we're going to have once we're there! Amazing VIPs, exciting panels and a lot of wonderful activities shall be waiting for us. And, personally, I just can't wait for that to happen.

Perhaps, you've already met me at the GalaCon 2015 and this year I'm coming to the GalaCon again. Just wanted to share my feelings with all of you and see if any of you are feeling the same way.

Let's share this hype with each other! How hyped are you?

[Image: CLke4PYUwAARFGl.jpg]
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
You are excited? Well, I am excited too. Although I should be used to it by now, doing it the 6th time.

And wow am I excited about my guests! The wonderful Ashleigh Ball, voice of Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and Kazumi Evans, who sings for Rarity and Luna, and... theres this guest... I can't tell you about right now, but wow. And also that... wow will that be fun! And there's even more! Buut I can't tell either.

Well, better get back to work! These conventions don't plan themselves, you know?

See you in 6 months, and... have a Biiiii-ZAAAAAM!
(07.02.2017, 00:22)Canni Wrote: You are excited? Well, I am excited too. Although I should be used to it by now, doing it the 6th time.

And wow am I excited about my guests! The wonderful Ashleigh Ball, voice of Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and Kazumi Evans, who sings for Rarity and Luna, and... theres this guest... I can't tell you about right now, but wow. And also that... wow will that be fun! And there's even more! Buut I can't tell either.

Well, better get back to work! These conventions don't plan themselves, you know?

See you in 6 months, and... have a Biiiii-ZAAAAAM!

Dear Canni Soda,

It's a pleasure to finally have a word with you. I wanted to thank you for all of those amazing GalaCons you've helped planning. Though I can't help but notice that you had chosen to remain quiet before, as that is your very first post on this forum. I can't help but feel honoured that it was a reply to my thread~

I wonder, by the way... Did you like the poem I had written for your Birthday last GalaCon? I had been told that you weren't present when Rebecca Shoichet was reading it at the closing ceremony. That had left me worrying about you never getting to hear it. I hope that poem had reached you sometime soon after the last con.

I can't wait for this year's GalaCon, I had an amazing time in 2015. And even though I couldn't be there in 2016 due to the certain... circumstances, I still was there in spirit and in the form of my poem. Twilight happy
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
That's a surprisingly low level of activity for the awesome bronies that are going to go to the GalaCon this year... Where are you, amazing ones? Aren't you excited too? Come on, let us share this excitement together! Brohoof Happy
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
Probably they're working hard to earn the money for merchandise Happy
(08.02.2017, 17:42)Chiyo Wrote: Probably they're working hard to earn the money for merchandise Happy

That... does sound like a valid reason, indeed.
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
(07.02.2017, 06:14)Humanarian Wrote: I wonder, by the way... Did you like the poem I had written for your Birthday last GalaCon? I had been told that you weren't present when Rebecca Shoichet was reading it at the closing ceremony. That had left me worrying about you never getting to hear it. I hope that poem had reached you sometime soon after the last con.

I'm soo sorry for not being on stage that time, but you know, running a convention is soo much to do, so little time. Buut, luckily there are recordings, and I've seen the recording afterwards, thank you soo much for it. And I hope to see you this year again!
(09.02.2017, 00:22)Canni Wrote: I'm soo sorry for not being on stage that time, but you know, running a convention is soo much to do, so little time. Buut, luckily there are recordings, and I've seen the recording afterwards, thank you soo much for it. And I hope to see you this year again!

Getting even more excited now... As they say, "there are no breaks on the hype train"!
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
Hm... I'm detecting a critically low level of hype here. And that is despite the fact another couple of awesome guests have just been announced! That's no good... Gather up, bronies! You need to hype harder for this amazing convention!
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
Well... Since the big secret is out now, I hope that bronies are going to start hyping harder if I reveal to them that they are going to have quite an unusual panel held by their fellow brony from Russia waiting for them this year!
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
Oh my... Fluttershy sad

It's not that bronies would not be excited about the upcoming GalaCon. The thing is: they simply aren't hyping it here.

You see: this board, sad as it sounds, is rather dead... it shows most activity shortly before GalaCon, and even then, mostly in the GalaCon volunteers' section which is, of course, visible only for GalaCon volunteers.

Aside from that, most bronies are simply staying on their own national boards (like bronies.cz oder bronies.de); only very few do even have an account here. Most bronies just aren't into checking and writing on two boards, so they seclude themselves to their national board.

The idea of an international board was a good one, but just didn't get much acceptance, especially since this board is rather strictly focussed on the huge conventions (letting out smaller cons like Brony Fair, Berlin, or even national meetups of any size, like the Winter Wrap Up (WWU) or the Derpyfest in Germany) and does not cover the whole fandom - which means: discussion about the show, the episodes; fanart, fan-made plushies, music and so on.

That's why there is practically no hype here on this board - it simply doesn't have the necessary traffic. If you're capable of any of the national languages, you may want to check out the national bronies boards; their meetup sections, and you for sure will find discussion and hype about the upcoming GalaCon Twilight smile
(16.02.2017, 01:22)Railway Dash Wrote: Oh my... Fluttershy sad

It's not that bronies would not be excited about the upcoming GalaCon. The thing is: they simply aren't hyping it here.

You see: this board, sad as it sounds, is rather dead... it shows most activity shortly before GalaCon, and even then, mostly in the GalaCon volunteers' section which is, of course, visible only for GalaCon volunteers.

Aside from that, most bronies are simply staying on their own national boards (like bronies.cz oder bronies.de); only very few do even have an account here. Most bronies just aren't into checking and writing on two boards, so they seclude themselves to their national board.

The idea of an international board was a good one, but just didn't get much acceptance, especially since this board is rather strictly focussed on the huge conventions (letting out smaller cons like Brony Fair, Berlin,  or even national meetups of any size, like the Winter Wrap Up (WWU) or the Derpyfest in Germany) and does not cover the whole fandom - which means: discussion about the show, the episodes; fanart, fan-made plushies, music and so on.

That's why there is practically no hype here on this board - it simply doesn't have the necessary traffic. If you're capable of any of the national languages, you may want to check out the national bronies boards; their meetup sections, and you for sure will find discussion and hype about the upcoming GalaCon Twilight smile

Dear Railway Dash,

I see your point, but... That simply makes no sense. GalaCon is the international convention... And the biggest one in the entire Europe! I'm going to come there all the way from Russia, for example. And so, the hype about it should be just as international. That's the reason I've created this thread. That's the reason I've even signed in to this board. I can't wait for the GalaCon to happen once more, and I know that there is a lot of bronies out there who hype just as hard as I do. I want us to share this hype together, all of us! Not just a bunch of bronies on their national board, where I couldn't join in anyway since I don't know other languages except for English and Russian.

Perhaps, the problem of this board isn't in it being focused on the big conventions. Perhaps, the problem is in the fact that bronies haven't really given it a try yet. Or maybe haven't even heard of it... which is up to us to correct~
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
Indeed, these boards have seen their use and hold historical value on the founding of EPCU, however from the original members, only Galacon stands. But it does stand strong and even last year pulled generous numbers (about 1300 I believe attendees?), only BUCK had more folks attending, once.

Biggest hype train is going to likely be on bronies.de forum (Treffen - Conventions section) definitely Happy
Luna 2017: Festival Fantazie, Galacon, CZEQUESTRIA 
[Image: eurobarczechrep_zpsebab84c0.png]
[Image: Signature_Banner_zps0bwfwkhu.png]

Czequestria's dragon keeper
(16.02.2017, 15:11)Melgarh Wrote: Indeed, these boards have seen their use and hold historical value on the founding of EPCU, however from the original members, only Galacon stands. But it does stand strong and even last year pulled generous numbers (about 1300 I believe attendees?), only BUCK had more folks attending, once.

Biggest hype train is going to likely be on bronies.de forum (Treffen - Conventions section) definitely Happy

That's great... but there is no way for me to join in as long as I don't know German. Derpy eyes
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
No worries. At bronies.de, we have some other members who don't speak German as well Happy For instance, there is iakovl who comes from Israel. He doesn't speak German, so he writes in English, and he's visiting German (and other European) conventions quite often Happy

Or Jamis from Praha... same thing, basically.
(16.02.2017, 16:03)Railway Dash Wrote: No worries. At bronies.de, we have some other members who don't speak German as well Happy For instance, there is iakovl who comes from Israel. He doesn't speak German, so he writes in English, and he's visiting German  (and other European) conventions quite often Happy

Or Jamis from Praha... same thing, basically.

And yet it's happening... This thread is living on, getting more bronies into it~
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
(16.02.2017, 01:22)Railway Dash Wrote: The idea of an international board was a good one, but just didn't get much acceptance, especially since this board is rather strictly focussed on the huge conventions (letting out smaller cons like Brony Fair, Berlin,  or even national meetups of any size, like the Winter Wrap Up (WWU) or the Derpyfest in Germany)
(16.02.2017, 15:11)Melgarh Wrote: Indeed, these boards have seen their use and hold historical value on the founding of EPCU, however from the original members, only Galacon stands.

This forum definitely had its role for the EPCU in the past, but things are moving on, and so does this forum have to. If this is still a forum dedicated to bigger events, then thats mainly because smaller events are not (yet) present here, and its up to these events to get involved here. If this forum can play a role in getting fandom all over europe closer together, then we're ready for that.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
(16.02.2017, 22:01)404compliant Wrote: This forum definitely had its role for the EPCU in the past, but things are moving on, and so does this forum have to. If this is still a forum dedicated to bigger events, then thats mainly because smaller events are not (yet) present here, and its up to these events to get involved here. If this forum can play a role in getting fandom all over europe closer together, then we're ready for that.

Indeed, it would be really nice to see more bronies actively discussing things, sharing their feelings, being there for each other on this board. Spreading the Magic of Friendship is what bronies do... and this international board is a wonderful environment for that!

Meanwhile... the hype for GalaCon 2017 is REAL!
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
Or, perhaps, not so real... Noone is saying anything anymore. How ironic and cruel the fact that the international convention is being hyped about only on the local levels is... That actually pains.
Sincerely,
Humanarian.
Soon we'll gather the volunteers in here, maybe things will be a bit more alive then.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM