May The Best Chat Win
<mod edit>
Discussion split from volunteer application thread.
~404compliant
</mod>

Ewww, Skype, Telegram is way cooler because it has Ponies [Image: 01-squee.png]
But yeah, I'll wait a while before I sign my contract, first I need to know if I'll be able to come, had a lot of stupid rl trouble in the last days.
As a Linux user I would prefer Discord over skype ...
I would prefer Telegram.
But well... Skype it is Twilight happy

(22.03.2016, 12:02)Saij Wrote: But well... Skype it is Twilight happy
Until the point, when Linux users can't connect to the skype network anymore. So .. gg  Fluttershy grin
Skype contacts: 165. Whatsapp contacts: ~40. Telegram contacts: 9.

For some reason the number of contacts directly corresponds to my aversion towards a platform, yet it still leaves me no choice anyway...
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
Convince the others to switch from WhatsApp/Skype to Telegram/TS and we are fine Twilight happy

Discord combines *all* advantages from text based chat (like IRC) and TS/skype into one (new) platform. It's heavily spreading and registration takes less than 1 minute. Also it is free (which Telegram isn't if you suggesting the text chat on mobile plattforms). Also TS/Telegram requires an application. Discord is browser based and brings a free app, if someone want to use it.
Telegram is completly free. They didn't charge me for anything until now.
Also you can use a browser app or a free and open source app (source code is public available on github).
And then it is another platform to use. I already have so much protocols on my laptop... IRC, Skype, TS, Telegram, WhatsApp, ICQ, 2x Jabber and so on. I don't want any new protocol to use...

</Closed due inconsensus>
(22.03.2016, 14:33)Ben Wrote:
(22.03.2016, 12:02)Saij Wrote: But well... Skype it is Twilight happy
Until the point, when Linux users can't connect to the skype network anymore. So .. gg  Fluttershy grin

That's not correct. I'm a Linux-User, and i can connect to the skype-Network. The Only thing, while Linux-Users had a bit Trouble, is that the software is Related TOO Old (4.3 from Linux to 7.x or higher to Microsoft). that's all of that "magic". and if skype don't Like, use the web-site Version of it.

@ 404: is it Ok, if i give you the contract (or a copy from it) Personally? i'll search for a fine font for that :trollestia:
(23.03.2016, 19:44)Crash Override Wrote: That's not correct. I'm a Linux-User, and i can connect to the skype-Network.
Still. Phone calls shouldn't work anymore. Text chat is just a matter of time.
Simple thing: Use the web-Version of Skype, not the standalone-version. It should go, if there's a newer Skype-Account; my Older account seems not to work, while that's no Microsoft - based Account (i created mine, before skype were a part from Microsoft).

and if skype is no Advantage... it gives more than 1 chat-client, that is named like a Chaos.
My Skype/Linux does voice calls and voice group chats without problems. From within a virtual machine on a low-power PC, and without a desktop environment. And as long as that works, I'm fine.

Sure, there are lots of cool chat systems. Anyone in favor of WhisperPush? No? Why? You're all on the wrong one, mine is the only good one. ^^

At the end, only three things count for a messenger: Users, users, and users. And sometimes, users.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
That's why I tried to move GC Orga Chat over to Telegram ^^ It's my most frequented chat system ^^
Skype only because of EPCU, GC Orga, GC Volunteer (and new CBBQ)

(23.03.2016, 22:29)Saij Wrote: That's why I tried to move GC Orga Chat over to Telegram ^^

And we know how well that went... I'd drop Whatsapp any time if I could...
(23.03.2016, 22:22)404compliant Wrote: Anyone in favor of WhisperPush? 
's that? Somethin' to eat?  RD deals with it Gimme the recipe, maybe I'll try cookin' that on my own  Happy

Sounds like there are lots and lots of different messengers out there, and everyone thinks his messenger is the best.

I do have Skype, but I grabbed it mainly for the "Mod-Chat" when I became moderator of Bronies.de in November 2013. Without joining the board team of Bronies.de, I may still not have had a messenger yet.

At the board team, we had such a discussion as to move our "Mod-Chat" from Skype to Telegram or Discord some time ago, but until now, nothing has happened... seems I'm not the only one who doesn't really want to change a running system and get accustomed to something new. Man really IS a deer of habits, I guess.
(23.03.2016, 22:32)404compliant Wrote:
(23.03.2016, 22:29)Saij Wrote: That's why I tried to move GC Orga Chat over to Telegram ^^

And we know how well that went... I'd drop Whatsapp any time if I could...

Then help me to change the system Twilight happy

... especially since I've denied Whatsapp full access to my address book, and for that Whatsapp punishes me with phone numbers only, and not being able to start a conversation on my own.
So what are we gonna to use? I have nothing on my computer yet I'm open for everything :)
Currently it's Skype Twilight happy