[2015] What are you looking forward too/ What are you planing on doing?
Good day!
I'm AppaGuy Originally from North Carolina in the US, Currently living in Pisa Italy.

I am planing(Well I was last year too but work should let me go this time) this year. I plan on bring with me a costume of Bulk Biceps. I have been to many conventions, mostly anime and comics(NYCC and SDCC) I look forward to meeting many people and making friends. So what can I expect from GalaCon? I've decided to go to it so I can see some of Germany in place of going to Bronycon back in the states(The Baltimore area...ehhh...<_<..:-P) Do you think I'd be ostracized if I brought Appa with me? I know he's not Pony related..but..I tend to feel quite naked without him at conventions..Thoughts?

Look forward to meeting y'all
Appa will surely be welcome too, don't worry. The pony fandom doesn't exist on its own, most of us love other cartoons too, so prepare for some interest in Appa too. Also, there must be Appa/Pony crossovers out there, or not?

On what to expect, take a look at video footage and pictures from GalaCon 2014, we're back in the same venue again. One of the biggest photo collections is at meetup.bestpony.de.

As for Ludwigsburg, its a small town that will be flooded with bronies the whole weekend. Lots of small groups will form everywhere. One of the biggest non-official events is always the meet at the Irish Pub on Friday.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
Hi there! I, too, think, there will be a lot of people being fond of having Appa around. It always adds a bit of positively interesting taste to events like these. And the german Bronies tend to "invade" some Anime-Conventions with their pony-stuff, too!

If you plan to stay through monday, you can join a little group of ours at the pub on sunday evening, when GalaCon is officially over. In case you are interested, you can PM me anytime.

Funny to see someone exchanging Bronycon with GalaCon. But you won't regret it. In no way! Looking forward to meet you! I think you are quite hard to oversee...
[Image: untitled_by_rtry-d7u52hg.jpg?m=1408304592]
If I might ask...Whats with the Tents? I mean...is that permitted? Safe? I mean becuase I'll come and hobo the crap out of the con if I can :-P

[Image: 20140802_143452.jpg?m=1407440757]
O_O These...these are the prices y'all pay for pony stuff? Man...Visiting the states and having a cheap way of having them ship things to me has me spoiled...SPOILED I SAY!
The tents... well, there is the "camp site meetup" at GalaCon, where you can stay, if you do not want to book a hotel. You just need to bring your own tent, sleeping bag and some kind of matress and you are good to go. but it is located a bit outside of Ludwigsburg. Further Information can be found here.

The figurines you posted are insanely expensive. Usually they are 8 - 12 € here. I bought a pack of three some weeks ago for 10 €. Was that a picture from GalaCon '14?
Oh ok, Yeah its part of the Photo package y'all posted...Honestly...there's some photo's in some of them that would be...incriminating...though I don't know German drug laws...

The figured's prices seemed a bit high. I was thinking I could being a suit case full of figures and pay for my whole Holiday :-P And 30 Euro for the larger figures...Man...I can get 2 of those pluse shipping and handling for 30$...I know its supporting local merchants and creators but wow..
Con prices have always been a bit higher than regular prices. If you know what you want, get it elsewhere. The vendors try to compensate the traveling, hotel and ticket costs. But you may get things that are hard to get otherwise, or only with insane shipping costs.
Also, a lot of things are hand made by the sellers, where you can see and compare with your own eyes what you'll get, and buy it instantly, instead of maybe waiting in line for a year for a plushie commission slot.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
The most recent additions to the guest make me very excited. Is anyone hoping for anyone else to be added to the guest list?
The "Camping-place" (or formerly "Camp-side-Meetup" ) wasn't something wo worked with the Galacon; i'm one of those "Organisators" - and i do it 'cause it's cheaper than an Hotel. most of the times, when you don't have check a Place in an Hotel, you wouldn't find any - while the most Hotels in this Time are full. Then, the camping-place were an "alternative". Any from us came with an Caravan last year; and the number of the Persons who come, increases a little bit in the next Year. So were it from 2013 to 2014 - and i think, it were going the same way.

I'm not sure, if that was 2013 or 2014 - but i'm sure, we 'll make it better from year to year.

If you want more information, feel free to ask! RD wink
(28.03.2015, 17:33)AppaGuy Wrote: The most recent additions to the guest make me very excited. Is anyone hoping for anyone else to be added to the guest list?

I don't have to hope, i *know* that there will be additions to the guest list. RD deals with it
(28.03.2015, 23:11)404compliant Wrote:
(28.03.2015, 17:33)AppaGuy Wrote: The most recent additions to the guest make me very excited. Is anyone hoping for anyone else to be added to the guest list?

I don't have to hope, i *know* that there will be additions to the guest list. RD deals with it

Well arn't you lucky demon bunny -__- So there just waiting to surprise us as time gets close?! TEASE!

(28.03.2015, 21:39)Crash Override Wrote: The "Camping-place" (or formerly "Camp-side-Meetup" ) wasn't something wo worked with the Galacon; i'm one of those "Organisators" - and i do it 'cause it's cheaper than an Hotel. most of the times, when you don't have check a Place in an Hotel, you wouldn't find any - while the most Hotels in this Time are full. Then, the camping-place were an "alternative". Any from us came with an Caravan last year; and the number of the Persons who come, increases a little bit in the next Year. So were it from 2013 to 2014 - and i think, it were going the same way.

I'm not sure, if that was 2013 or 2014 - but i'm sure, we 'll make it better from year to year.

If you want more information, feel free to ask! RD wink

So...wait...Wait...Y'all just said "Hotel? Screw that! I got me a tent!" And that's not against the law? I know in the states at anime cons that if you tried that the police would be called for trespassing.

Don't get me wrong, I think its awesome. Its just that I got a hotel(I think....Y'alls Hotel reservations there is weird...) But It would be a bit too troublesome to being a tent and sleeping bag on a plane from Italy >_<
It's on a official camping site, not in the park.
In Germany, you can always camp on an Camping Place - and there is the nearest to Ludwigsburg (and the only in the environment). That's why we started it about 3 years - as an "hotel-replacement", but not so comfortable. Last year, we had over 55 Persons here - and the most will come again.

It's not like Sweden, wo you can Camp where you want (so i heard it).
It's also Official, but not in cooperation with the Galacon - and that's why it goes from Thursday or Friday, where the most Persons arrived, to Sunday or Monday.
Btw: On bronies.de, there is an extra thread (in german) by Crash Override about the official unofficial GalaCon '15 camping meetup: [Link]
Admin @ Bronies.de // Bronies Bayern e.V. // Meetup photography // German brony community and meetup culture

[insert subliminal message here]
EVERYTHING!
Will be the first con of any kind i attend, so i'm counting on getting to experience as much as possible.
Then, Good Luck! It give many things on the Galacon.
Absolutly everything. Galacon as a whole has been the high point of the year for me since I've first been there.
Since it'll be my first MLP-related Con I am not quite sure where I should put my priorities. I'll just don't make any plans and take everything as it comes (which has served me well so far when it comes to conventions).
Finding someone who plays Android: Netrunner would be neato Happy
Recently got he game and I'm still looking for people playing this.
I'm just looking forward to be there and to have a nice birthday. <3 <3 <3
If my cosplay turns out good, I'll look forward to flaunting my cosplay.
And I definitly look forward to playing some Trotmania. Even though I have the exact same pad at home (unless there's going to be one of those large, solid things with handle this time?)