Help for a silly American
Hello! I am an American that will be coming from Italy(Because..Reasons!) And I want to make it this year because sadly I was unable to make it last year because of work. So I have some questions, Any help would be greatly appreciated
-What Airport would be best to fly into?
-Closest hotel/hostels?
Umm...and yeah...Thats it right now...Sure more to come...But yeah...The sooner I can find this out and get a place to stay and a flight I'll buy a ticket to the con!
Ludwigsburg is a direct neighbor of Stuttgart, and there is an "Airport Stuttgart". However, you need to check prices for all lines going there from your location/airport in italy. There may be a huge difference in prices. Going to another airport and then taking the intercity train might be cheaper in the end. Then again, that takes more time.
And the horror stories about the german train company (privatised btw) live for a reason ...

Alternatively there's coaches traveling between cities now and usually fair enough in prices and service. Comparing prices and ordering early saves you money as well (last minute tickets can come cheap as well, but that's gambling, impossible to tell if you even get one).

Closest hotel is booked to the limit. Because it's across the street!
Best hostel is a bit far away and NOT for pedestrians (the connecting street has no sidewalk!). You're sure to find a lot of Bronies there and I bet you could find someone to take you to the con location. But then you're dependant on getting back and a taxi would cost you a good 10€, I recon. Money better spent on lunch.

Every year there's some people offering spots in their private places, but these are usully taken super fast.
Another option for you is keeping an eye on this forum any maybe find someone who has a hotel, but would like to share a room and thus all get away cheaper. So far every year someone asked. You too can start a thread "looking for roommate" (example) if you find and decide on a hotel before you see someone else ask.

I'm not from the area and can't go looking just as well. Plus I'm staying at a private place and have no overview over hotels and th elike since it doesn't concern me.
Lastly, I can't do some online research today, it's Hearts and Hands day and I have a wife. Yeah. Sorry.
I'll get back at you.
Thanks for the Info. IS there a list of Hotels somewhere to look? This is going to be a big holiday for me so I don't mind paying good bit. I suppose it too much to hope for a Hilton hotel(Hotel points with them for days!).
Last two years the executive staff prepared a list with hotels and hostels. Mabye there's one on the way again.
I'll ask my contacts and then see how much I can come up with myself. No promises for results, but promise for effort.
For hotels, I'd suggest checking booking sites like booking.com or hrs.com. Be sure to check Ludwigsburg, Stuttgart and some of the towns in-between. There's a good local train connection between Stuttgart and Ludwigsburg, so many people have their hotel in Stuttgart. There's also a camping site in Stuttgart.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
Thank y'all for your help, I've found a plane for about 260 American, And two hotels in Ludwigsburg (One 21 minutes away and one 17 minutes away) That I should be able to get rooms at for free(hotel points for days) Just got to wait for the one to open up in July that's a bit closer. Once I can get into work to make sure I can get the time off I'll be buying the tickets and getting the hotel. Thanks for your help!
There's also the possibility that (assuming you're in Italy because that's where you've been stationed) at staying at the hotel on post. It might be cheaper, though you'll take a hit in the convenience department since the bases are on the other side of Stuttgart from the venue.
I'm a local, so if you have any further questions, feel free to hit me up!
(15.02.2015, 16:54)Violet Blaze Wrote: There's also the possibility that (assuming you're in Italy because that's where you've been stationed) at staying at the hotel on post. It might be cheaper, though you'll take a hit in the convenience department since the bases are on the other side of Stuttgart from the venue.
I'm a local, so if you have any further questions, feel free to hit me up!

Ha! Someone reads between the lines very well. :-P I think staying at the hotel's in Stuttgart will be alright. I'd already be taking a hit on convenience be given I have more then enough hotel points to get the room free. On post would be good if I did not have the points. Just wish I had the for sight to get in on the hotel across from it. However, I think I'll be good despite the 17-25 minute drive each way a day.
It's literally impossible to get the hotel right across. Summer is vacation time for the whole country and thus even normal trourists come over. Then there's the vendors from around here that really want the close spot so they have it easy to get their goods over and if they want off the table at the end of saturday - since the vendors get their confirmation really quick, they are first to book for sure. It's kinda common agreement to leave this hotel to the vendors because of this ...

But since you can redeem your points, you're in a pretty good position anyway. Glad to hear it worked out well so early. Should I say you didn't need any help actually, Mr. "silly" american? ;)
Oh no no, The Silly American did need help. I would not have known that the Stuttguart Hilton hotels would work(Despite a 20+ Cab Ride >__<) and I would be more concerned with going. Now The only real hurtle is making sure I am allowed to take the time off. Once that's done I'll reserve the hotel(And then cancel it once I'm able to get the BRAND NEW one once it opens in July, Its good to have a back up plan though) and the decide if I should get the Plus or the BIZAAM Ticket. Given that it's my first Brony con I think I should go all out :-P

Basically, I still get skiddish when travailing. I other have to have a hard set plan of "Seat of my pants" There is no in between, And when going to a con it can't be "Seat of my pants' Style. So I'm sure I'll have more questions about the con and the local area in the coming months. All of which will be quite "Silly":-P

But none the less thanks for the help.
While Plus tickets will still be available for some time, Bizzaam-Tickets are rare limited, there are just very few currently available because of returns.

Feel free to ask any silly questions you want, if that helps to fly your pants up here. In any case, looking forward to your visit, AppaGuy, and make sure you bring that guy underneath you, too. ^^
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
Drat, I'll have to buy it once I get confirmation that I can get time off.

And The guy underneath? Ahh He's alright, But Appa Bring the party. Everybody loves Appa, The guy underneath...Ah...Sometimes :-P
Curses! I Did not buy my "BIZAAM" Pass in time and now they are sold out T__T FOILED!
There's always a chance that un-paid or returned tickets get available again, so don't rush anything. ^^
So should I hold off on buying a pass? I just got the hotel room...I think(German Hotel reservations are weird...) and plane tickets...I'd hare to lose out on the second-ter tickets..><
No danger of running out of Plus-tickets any time soon.
Bizaams however... might be worth waiting a few days.[Image: 01-derpy_glasses.png]
(08.03.2015, 22:44)404compliant Wrote: Bizaams however... might be worth waiting a few days.[Image: 01-derpy_glasses.png]

*COUGH* dry air in here... [Image: cl-rar-peril.png]
You, my kind demon bunny, shale have a drink on me. So I got a hotel 15 minutes from the con, Plane tickets, SUPER exspincive pass. Now all is left is to make the Bulk Biceps costume I want too and have a way of getting it there and I'm golden.

Thank again.
Quote:my kind demon bunny

If you would know and worked with him, you wouldnt call him "kind".
Especially, when you need to work for him (HWCon) Happy Applelie
pffff, never had any complaints about being rude or un-fair. Yeah, its hard work doing a con, but well, duh! We knew that before, didn't we?
So if I'm the bunny in the second row that makes sure everyone does its best, I'm fine with that. [Image: pc-fblush.png][Image: rd-angel1.png]

Disclaimer: At HWCon I was just a visitor, nothing more.