Board bugs and errors
Hey,

I thought the admins might appreciate a thread dedicated to reporting bugs etc. here on eurobronies.org, and since I found 3 (tiny) things, I thought I'd just start one. (If not, feel free to simply delete this thread of course RD wink)

1) Poll results look a bit derped: http://i.imgur.com/HZrzn.png
2) The deviantart link under the avatar in a post has a Google+ icon instead of a dA icon. http://i.imgur.com/kBrfU.png (or just look to the left.)
3) The location bar might be misaligned on some resolutions and zoom levels: http://i.imgur.com/efFCP.png

All screenshots were taken on 1920*1080 in Firefox Nightly build 20.0.
Would be nice if somebody could verify the alignment issues in other browsers. (The resolution shouldn't make a difference since it's fixed in width.)

Cheers,
Timmy
Thanks for reporting those issues... we'll look into it. Twilight smile
"The fire of Friendship lives in our hearts. As long as it burns, we can not drift apart! Though quarrels arise, their numbers
are few. Laughter and singing will see us through! We are a circle of pony friends. A circle of friends, we'll be 'til the very end!"
OK, i fixed 1) and 2)... at least I hope so ^^.

3): The location bar is being pushed to the next line if the path to the thread gets too long. That's kinda normal. If you have a bigger screen, try hitting the "MODIFY WIDTH" button. You can switch between a fixed width and using your whole window size.
"The fire of Friendship lives in our hearts. As long as it burns, we can not drift apart! Though quarrels arise, their numbers
are few. Laughter and singing will see us through! We are a circle of pony friends. A circle of friends, we'll be 'til the very end!"
Is there a "Remember me" option? Or a "Remember my colour choice" option? Or both?
@HampshireBrony: Thanks for the idea! Why didn't I think of that Facehoof !?

Okay, I added a "Remember me" checkbox.

I'll look into the color issue, but I'm not sure about that...
/Edit: Well, it was easier than expected. The chosen color is now "sticky".
Minor layout issue: On Firefox/Linux, in the User CP hover menu, the line "Private Messages (0)" wraps into the next line:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1]

Thats global.css,
#nav li:hover ul {
        width: 170px;
}

Increasing it to 200px works well up to "Private Messages (100)" for me.

404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
Mmmmh... it almost looks too big for my taste now, but i increased the width to 200px to solve this issue. It still looks pretty though. Oh well, sometimes it is weird to have so many different browsers and systems out there.

This is how it looks from my perspective (Safari 6 @ OS X 10.8):

[Image: screen_29-11-12_1.png]
Looks the same here (FF 17.0 & Nightly 20.0a1 @ Win7).
I'm not familiar with MyBB, so this might mess up the design, but maybe it's an option to give the "Private Messages" <li> element a certain margin to the left and right border of the <ul> element around it instead of giving the <ul id="nav"> element a fixed width, or giving the <ul id="nav"> element a padding instead of a width value.
This way, the width of the CP box should adjust to the "Private Messages (X)" line (which is obviously the longest entry of the CP items).

It's really no big deal though, so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Cheers,
Timmy
OK, I tried something new. Now it "should" be a flexible width adjusting to the content. RD deals with it

Tell me if it works for you. Thanks for your help! Fluttershy grin
Uhm, well... http://i.imgur.com/D8UxO.png Happy

Not sure what went wrong there. Maybe it isn't the outer <ul> element with "User CP" in it, but the inner <ul> element containing only the hover items, that needs to be adjusted.
Ok, it was worth a try. I tested this on Windows and OS X... weird. I'll just set it to 200px just to be on the safe side. Thanks again Twilight smile
This is probably caused by the different font faces and their widths being used on different platforms. Seoge on Vista+, Tahoma on older Windows, Geneva on Mac, and plain default sans-serif on Linux it seems.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
Not sure if actually bug or feature, but the hyperlinks aren't visibly distinguished, which can be confusing for example when you want to place link in the middle of longer block of text. Would it be possible to understrike, or color them by default?
Czech brony
I've been trying to remember how to update my profile for a while, so checked the help.

Quote:To access this control panel, simply click on the link in the upper right hand corner of most any page entitled "user cp". From there, simply choose "Edit Profile"
http://www.eurobronies.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=2

[Image: UserCP.jpg]
However, going via Private Messages and the sidebar there, you can get to it.
Actually, you can. You just have to click on the word "User CP" itself. A bit unexpected for a menu to have another meaning when clicked though, one only expects menus to open/close when clicked.
Found one. [Image: cl-rd-jawdrop.png]

[Image: zzcg8u9u.png]

(Using Firefox 42.0)

I actually really like the site design, this little error just interferes with its beauty. [Image: luna-eye.png]
uuuh *push* [Image: cl-fs-eye.png]
Yeah, looks like that for me too. Probably some CSS glitch with these shadows. Lets say, it has a very special design approach.
There are a few more things, but I'm not that deep into the tech stuff either. Does it look like that on all browsers?
(11.02.2016, 22:08)404compliant Wrote: Does it look like that on all browsers?

Mozilla Firefox: yes
MS Internet Explorer: yes
MS Edge: yes
Didn't get any other browsers..
And I didn't see any other bugs ... but I really love the graphic formatting options in the Editor.
(12.02.2016, 01:09)FlaK Wrote: And I didn't see any other bugs ...

A few layout issues if you live outside of Microsoft™ Internet™.

(12.02.2016, 01:09)FlaK Wrote: but I really love the graphic formatting options in the Editor.

Well, I usually disable it first thing. The editor can't keep up with what quirks I can squeeze from BBCode.