Frequently Asked Questions
Since questions in bronies.de forum that need to be answered by the GalaCon crew pop up frequently, I thought I should create a new thread to collect them over here.
So here we go. Pinkie approved

Are there any application deadlines for
a) Art Gallery

Prefered deadline Saturday 8/3 - before noon (ergo: Before volunteers are setting it up)

b) Charity Auction items
If vendors want to put one of their items in the auction - Sunday 8/4 (for photos and descriptions)

c) Cosplay Contest registration
Friday 8/2

d) Getting approval for items to bring with you/Gala dresses/suits/wear by mail?
Thursday 8/1 (that you can still buy stuff on Friday)

How much is the food provided directly at the venue?

If my outfit does not fit the dress code for the Gala-Event, can I still attend the following Ponydisco?
Yes. The dresscode will only be enforced on the Gala Ball itself.
Estimated time for the Gala Ball to end is 8:30 pm (local time).

Will it be possible to bid on an auction item but pay later?
(To have some time to get that money. Some people don't want to carry around that much cash.)
Hard cash is prefered, and remember ATMs have a daily limit of €500 - so if you can proove that you - f.e. have €2000 ready cash nearby it is possible BUT you MUST pay the money before the convention ends.

Can I get my StartNext and/or PLUS/BIZZAM ticket rewards at GalaCon?
Yes, see next question for the conditions. They weill be handed out to you at the Con Office. (First Floor, above the main entrance, marked yellow at the floor plan.)

When will the StartNext rewards be shipped if I am not attending GalaCon or want my rewards to be shipped before GalaCon?
As soon as the rewards are ready to go, you will get an email asking whether you want them shipped to you or get them directly at GalaCon.

[update 29.07.2013]
When can I pick up my vendor tickets?
Friday - best would be after 4 pm.

Can my friends I bring with me help setting up my vendor table?
Since vendors can enter way before normal visitors we can grant a limited access to them, that they help to set up your stand.

I heard something about taxing vendors, but as a non-german or somone who doesn't visit cons often. How should I go about paying that?
Please ask at your local tax office about your annual tax allowances. [...] And please ask as well where (if in your country or Germany) you would have to pay the taxes/fill out the forms. There are special laws for income taxes when the person earns money in another country than the one they are citizens of. (Thanks to Siora)

Will there will be air-conditioning in the building?
The venue has an AC (comfy 22°C inside)
I would like to bump this if you dont mind - regarding the Cosplay Contest Registration - is there a deadline for this?

The reason why I ask - at this very moment I'm still doing the last bits of soldering work and still need to iron CM's on my plot.. eh trousers aaaand get the hair done.. gah its proving to be a tight schedule with all the work and parties.. >.<
Luna 2017: Festival Fantazie, Galacon, CZEQUESTRIA 
[Image: eurobarczechrep_zpsebab84c0.png]
[Image: Signature_Banner_zps0bwfwkhu.png]

Czequestria's dragon keeper
a) Art Gallery:

Prefered deadline Saturday 8/3 - before noon (ergo: Before volunteers are setting it up)

b) Auction Items:

If vendors want to put one of their items in the auction - Sunday 8/4 (for photos and descriptions)

c) Cosplay:

Friday 8/2

d) Gala Evenig

Thursday 8/1 (that you can still buy stuff on Friday)

e) Auction

Hard cash is prefered, and remember ATMs have a daily limit of €500 - so if you can proove that you - f.e. have €2000 ready cash nearby it is possible BUT you MUST pay the money before the convention ends.

f) Ask on next Friday again, we have a meeting with the venue next week.
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
(20.07.2013, 11:15)Weatherhoof Wrote: a) Art Gallery:

Shouldn't this be Friday 8/2? "Build this Con" is Friday at Noon, and with Fursuit Workshop blocking the room on Saturday morning, I guess there won't be much helpers and time to re-decorate the art room within half an hour, so whatever can be prepared on Friday should be prepared on Friday, just a swap of furry stuff out, artwork stuff in.
404compliant      •      Germany      •      GalaCon Volunteer Relations      •      Pony Events Federation HRM
I'd really love to know when the gala evening changes from the gala teme to a pony disco one, since I want to attend the disco evening in my DJ pon3 outfit (which isn't suited for the formal theme). Would be nice to know the time when it'll be possible to be let in like that. RD wink Also, will casual clothing in general be allowed then? Hmm...
[Image: banner-2.png]
At the disco, casual clothing is allowed.
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
(21.07.2013, 13:55)Weatherhoof Wrote: At the disco, casual clothing is allowed.

That was not the question, dear Weatherhoof. :P
The question was about the time when people in normal outfit will be let in again. So basically an estimation for when Acoustic Brony will start playing their music. RD deals with it
(21.07.2013, 14:20)Yavos Wrote:
(21.07.2013, 13:55)Weatherhoof Wrote: At the disco, casual clothing is allowed.

That was not the question, dear Weatherhoof. :P
The question was about the time when people in normal outfit will be let in again. So basically an estimation for when Acoustic Brony will start playing their music. RD deals with it
indeed, i'd like to know at what time I have to be there to be let in Fluttershy grin
Acoustic's performance is scheduled for 8.30 pm c.t. //

Because this question will appear - here is already the answer:

The cloakroom fee will be cerca 1.50€.
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
I have a few questions I had for a while.
~When can I pick up my vendor tickets(I heard friday months ago, so I don't know if anything changed)?
~Can my brother help me build my stand(in the case you're letting the vendors in sooner)? He has a non vendor ticket.
~I heard something about taxing vendors, but as a non-german or somone who doesn't visit cons often. How should I go about paying that?

That will be it. Fluttershy grin
[Image: eurobarslovenia_zps6c282d88.png]
@Moondrop:

- Yes Friday - best would be after 4 pm.

- Since vendors can enter way before normal visitors we can grant a limited access to him, that he helps to set up your stand.

- We got the permission of the town, that on con side you need not to include the 19% VAT.
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
In the reddit AMA Weatherhoof said there will be recordings of the panels - All panels, or just the most important? Where will they be posted ?

Streaming was also mentioned, but could not be confirmed 100% - anything new on this subject ?
(28.07.2013, 13:05)Salacious_Crumb Wrote: In the reddit AMA Weatherhoof said there will be recordings of the panels - All panels, or just the most important? Where will they be posted ?

Streaming was also mentioned, but could not be confirmed 100% - anything new on this subject ?

The Docu-Team works as hard as possible to record every panel. The Main Stage will be filmed all the time. For the other panels I'm not sure.

Streaming from the Main Stage is also sure.
. : | : . Tech-Staff at GalaCon '12 . : | : .
. : | : . Admin of Bronies Austria and Bronies.at . : | : .
. : | : . Host of WWU'15 . : | : .
. : | : . Tech- and Docu-Staff at GalaCon'13 . : | : .
. : | : . Furry . : | : .
. : | : . Pre-Production Staff at GalaCon'14 . : | : .
. : | : . Staff at GalaCon'15 . : | : .
(14.07.2013, 14:45)Yavos Wrote: When will the StartNext rewards be shipped if I am not attending GalaCon or want my rewards to be shipped before GalaCon?
As soon as the rewards are ready to go, you will get an email asking whether you want them shipped to you or get them directly at GalaCon.

Well... I received the official infomail like everyone else attending the Gala and in it it's written that we can just pick up our rewards at the Con office.

"To get your startnext rewards from our crowdfunding campaign, please go to the con office on the first floor beginning Saturday 10am. To hand out the rewards we need your name and ID card."

Well, maybe I'm too blind to read correctly, but I can't see that there was the choice to get the shirt being shipped out to me right before GalaCon.
So GLAD. *facehoof*

(14.07.2013, 13:44)Siora Wrote: And concerning me, I was hoping to receive the shirt right before GalaCon as I wanted to add some changes to the shirt (I don't like the typical tshirt collars so I bought some black jersey to cut and sew a more individual styled collar to the shirt) and I will certainly NOT bring my sewing machines to GalaCon and do that in my hotel room during the night to be ready for the con opening the next morning. So I won't be able to wear my "GalaCon 2013" shirt on the Con. Great news :(
Would have been great to get informed about this officially. A short notice on startnext would have been useful as well.

edit - in case that people ask for a concrete info, correct infos here would have been the best. many thanks for that disappointment.

btw -

(26.07.2013, 15:59)Weatherhoof Wrote: - We got the permission of the town, that on con side you need not to include the 19% VAT.

Please don't tell her stuff that isn't matching current tax law.
It's absolutely not the point if you have the town's allowance that there are vendors on the Con or not - that doesn't free any vendor from the personal duty to pay taxes for official income. If you don't care about that, it's illegal and black labour.

Pinku Moondrop Star, please ask at your local tax office about your annual tax allowances. [...] And please ask as well where (if in your country or Germany) you would have to pay the taxes/fill out the forms. There are special laws for income taxes when the person earns money in another country than the one they are citizens of.

But as long as the Gala is your only Con this year and these are non-recurring earnings (such as commissions all over the year), I suppose, you'll have the chance to stay under the amount of your annual tax allowances and you won't have to pay any taxes afterwards.
But you still have to fill out the forms of our tax declaration for your tax office!!!
If you don't do that, everyone can harm you as it's illegal then, it's your own duty to do that.

No matter if commercial selling is allowed at the venue or not.
(29.07.2013, 07:58)Siora Wrote: Pinku, please ask at your local tax office about your annual tax allowances. As you are a student as far as I remember, here in Germany there is a certain amount you're allowed to earn in one year without loosing your status and getting into trouble. I suppose there's certainly something similar in Austria. And please ask as well where (if in Austria or Germany) you would have to pay the taxes/fill out the forms. There are special laws for income taxes when the person earns money in another country than the one they are citizens of.

But as long as the Gala is your only Con this year and these are non-recurring earnings (such as commissions all over the year), I suppose, you'll have the chance to stay under the amount of your annual tax allowances and you won't have to pay any taxes afterwards.
But you still have to fill out the forms of our tax declaration for your tax office!!!
If you don't do that, everyone can harm you as it's illegal then, it's your own duty to do that.

No matter if commercial selling is allowed at the venue or not.

I already got all of that settled, you could've PM'd me about that if it concerns you that much? ...
Why post that where everyone can see? To make it look like you're the only professional who knows what's going on?

it's not quite ontopic to post that here in a FAQ thread either.
sorry for trying to help?! o.O
I just wanted to avoid that you get into trouble due to that. Nothing else.
Btw I think it's ontopic enough as it's a fact that concerns every vendor at the Con.

edit - ah sorry, my fault, I read your name instead of Moondrop Star's. Facehoof
Forget about that. I meant her instead of you.
(29.07.2013, 07:58)Siora Wrote: edit - ah sorry, my fault, I read your name instead of Moondrop Star's. Facehoof
Forget about that. I meant her instead of you.

now that explains it, I was wondering why you'd write a lecture that long towards me without a reason O.o
Anybody responsible:

Do you know if there will be air-conditioning in the building?
I"ve checked the site but its all in german but does not mention anything like features and facilities.. or anything relevant anyway.

Reason for this - due to cosplay, if I should go and rush to shop and buy some spare shirts as if it will not be AC'ed, then there will be salt-maps bound to appear on shirts.. so yeah, its kinda important, cheers!

The venue has an AC (comfy 22°C inside)
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
(29.07.2013, 17:16)Weatherhoof Wrote: The venue has an AC (comfy 22°C inside)

Where can I send flowers and a Thank You card? Twilight smile

This is SUCH a relief.. especially when I'm lugging around 6kg of .. wubz. RD wink