Any musicians for jams at GalaCon?
Music 
I was just wondering, are any musicians here bringing their instruments along for some jams?

I'm definitely bringing my synth along.
Pony / non-pony musician, Bronies.cz global mod
[Image: nsWsqeh.png]

Youtube / Soundcloud / Facebook
I would love that. Intro song, Winter Wrap Up, Love is in Bloom, It'll be ok (FiW) - that's what I play on the Piano so far. Learning others wouldn't take me too long though. Until August, I should have a way to get a Keyboard to Ludwigsburg too.
Try to say "bubbles" in a really angry intonation.
I'll bring my guitar. Mainly for my cosplay
(Playing/Singing raise this barn and Sweet apple acres as braeburn might be nice Happy )

But I also want to play some other songs from the show and hope some peeps sing along Twilight happy
[Image: FLRj0.png]
Excellent. You can count on me then.

I have an iPad mini with a Tenori-on and an MPC.

If you need backing tracks, I can be happy to help :)
[Image: ikGr06rr1JOsI.png]
Reporter and Researcher for Everfree News
I will bring my tin whistle for sure, but I'm still beginner. We will see at the Gala…
Czech brony
Due to my occupation as volunteer and the dimensions of the keyboard, I can't participate in spontaneous jams. I think it might be better if we make it a semi-organized event.
An organized pony jam-session? I'm definitely in.

Just tell us when you'll be availbale. :)

I guess my weekend will be so full I won't be able to attend on this organized one :/

I'll be only able to play spontaneously when I got some spare time between guard shifts and other Events Twilight happy
[Image: FLRj0.png]
I don't know my shifts yet, but I'll be there early on both days and stay until around midnight.
Well... it's time to run back home and dust off my old guitar :)
Member of CZ/SK Bronies

[Image: NwzSFFD.png]
[Image: eurobarczechrep_zpsebab84c0.png]

Blank Flank - the possibilities are, like, endless!
I will not be able to bring my drumkit, however if there is already one there, I will gladly jam with anybody who want to ! :)
I'd love to, but my gear would require
  • three to four square metres
  • a big car to haul it to the GalaCon and back
  • more than an hour to set up
  • buying flight cases worth several hundred Euros
Old-fashioned, old-school hardware synth nerd, that's why.
Call upon the Seafoamy [Image: durpy_seafoam_transpap3jm8.png] when you're in distress
[Image: eurobargermany_zps0177b0cd.png]
(08.04.2013, 06:57)Pulse Wave Wrote: I'd love to, but my gear would require
  • three to four square metres
  • a big car to haul it to the GalaCon and back
  • more than an hour to set up
  • buying flight cases worth several hundred Euros
Old-fashioned, old-school hardware synth nerd, that's why.

Yeah, i know that feel.
That's why i won't bring my Korg M3 and good ol' Roland Juno-106, only a lightweight 61-key MIDI controller, X-Mini portable speakers and a laptop.

(09.04.2013, 14:44)IvoryKeysADSR Wrote: That's why i won't bring my Korg M3 and good ol' Roland Juno-106, only a lightweight 61-key MIDI controller, X-Mini portable speakers and a laptop.

I've got the Korg R3 - tiny synth that can do many things. If we have a setup, I could bring it along.
If I had the transport resources, I'd happily bring my Rolands with me.
[Image: ikGr06rr1JOsI.png]
Reporter and Researcher for Everfree News
This got me pondering. I could bring something along.

The MicroKorg? Lightweight, compact, battery-driven if need be, easy to tweak, but somewhat limited.

The Miniak? Way more flexible, has one heckuva sequencer, but forget about whipping up new sounds quickly.

Buy an MPC1000 for drums (Minipops, CR-78, 808, 909, KR-55, Linn, DMX and whatnot) although I already have an externally sequenced S5000 for drum samples? Dunno.

Pretty much everything else is too big.
Call upon the Seafoamy [Image: durpy_seafoam_transpap3jm8.png] when you're in distress
Okay, how about this...

I recently acquired an MPC2500. Not what I'd call small, but it can be rendered mobile easily.

Then the Miniak if I can get a halfway matching softcase for it. HyperSynth on my laptop shall enable me to whip up new sounds if need be.

The same laptop with its RME Multiface as a mixer if I need one.

Main problem now would be amplification. I could get me a Roland Cube Monitor, but I'd have to stash it somewhere while traveling. Also, do I want to lug some 15kg of gear and maybe a plushie around all the time?
O_O

Whoa! No need to bring half of your rig. Smiling
I mean, i'm gonna bring a MIDI keyboard, laptop and this as my amp. Happy

I'd love to participate, but unfortunatley the only muscial talent I could offer would be my voice (and a vast knowledge of MLP-related song texts...)
Would that work too?