Preparation Guide for the Gala evening event
NOTE: Since this caused confusion about the following, please note:
This is simply a guide with general tips and hints, NOT the official dresscode! You can follow the tipps but you don´t have to if you don´t want to.

Here you can read the official dresscode:
english version
http://www.galacon.eu/wp-content/uploads...NGLISH.pdf

german version
http://www.galacon.eu/wp-content/uploads...GERMAN.pdf

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As mentioned before I will provide you with the most basic information to consider when making preparations for the GalaCon evening event like I did last year; now for all english speakers too.
What kind of accessories (beginning only with jewelry) do I want to wear?
What kind of shoes and how high should the heels be?
What kind of eyecatcher do I want to use (makeup on eyes or lips, the dress itself, opulent jewelry, hair etc) ?
What body part do I want to accentuate (cleavage, legs, hands, neck, ankles...) ?
Do I want to wear a one-piece, a two-piece or something else?

After answering those questions now comes the important part of information:

Clothing:

Makeup/Parfum etc:

Transport:

Other helpers:

General appearance: There are some easy rules to learn.

Dancing:

For the beginning this should suffice. If you have any questions or additions feel free to PM me or just answer here. As for me I´m really hyped for the gala.
Well, gotta learn the basic steps anyway thanks for the link. I greatest problem for us single attendes - mostly men i suppose - might to find a lady who is free to be asked out for a dance. Tounge
Besides being possibly on duty as a volunteer during the ball. Happy
As for the "Partner Problem", there is something planned. At least Perry said so.

Also great guide!
Thanks even if I don't really need it but it'll help a lot of other people.
[Image: FLRj0.png]
If someone can't learn by video, maybe there is a chance to get a Last-Minute-Crash-Course at the Gala itself :)
. : | : . Tech-Staff at GalaCon '12 . : | : .
. : | : . Admin of Bronies Austria and Bronies.at . : | : .
. : | : . Host of WWU'15 . : | : .
. : | : . Tech- and Docu-Staff at GalaCon'13 . : | : .
. : | : . Furry . : | : .
. : | : . Pre-Production Staff at GalaCon'14 . : | : .
. : | : . Staff at GalaCon'15 . : | : .
I will add that as soon as the con staff says that there will be a crash course for sure. Thanks!
Oh yeah, lets define the word crash in crash course ;)
Location: somewhere between Borington and Dullville. In germany. RD wink
is there possibility that Gala this year would be casual club like event? (where you can come with just t-shirt and some jeans like in some regular night club?)
[Image: bronyidcardcopy.png]
(27.02.2013, 18:45)Yeti Wrote: is there possibility that Gala this year would be casual club like event? (where you can come with just t-shirt and some jeans like in some regular night club?)
Nope! It would not be a gala per se then. Fun comes first, yes. But a little bit of style and glamour is a must. That doesn't go with casual. RD wink

But maybe there will be a paralel casual rave event at the same time.
The rave will be at a later hour. That means the gala will slowly transform into a party but not as fast as last year and there will be enough time for the formal event before the partying begins
[Image: FLRj0.png]
ok, in that case:
I don't have suit (and suits are kinda expensive), (and tbh, I don't really like formal stuff like that), so this is question for staff: Is it possible that I can not have a suit (aka, come at party part, or work during party part, or work on some other part of con during formal part elsewhere?)
Dress does not have to be something stiff like a (fine) suit or even tuxedo. Just common sense on a formal attire. Think of something a buisness man or a bank-clerk would wear. Sightly shoes, trousers and formal shirt (and optionally a vest). Same goes for the women with an outfit based on a skirt or complete dresses.
(27.02.2013, 21:08)daMatt [Germany] Wrote: Dress does not have to be something stiff like a (fine) suit or even tuxedo. Just common sense on a formal attire. Think of something a buisness man or a bank-clerk would wear. Sightly shoes, trousers and formal shirt (and optionally a vest). Same goes for the women with an outfit based on a skirt or complete dresses.

that's all nice and all, but I hope, in that case, that my lame excuse for Daring Doo at the Gala (from GalaCon 2012) will be good enough.
As soon as you have a complete dress you would like to wear at the gala evening event, take a photo of you while wearing the dress and send it to the person responsible, in this case Perrydotto. She (and prolly some others) is working on the official dresscode which will be released early enough. So don´t worry just yet but ask the responsibles and see what they say.
AS ist was mentioned by the staff a few times, there will be one event, starting with a formal gala and shifting into a party later.

Guys, concerning suits: I have to tell you something. I never liked them, I never had one, I didn't want one. However, I had to get one for an exposition my company attends, so I went to Peek&Cloppenburg and asked the staff about a comparatively cheap suit, since my budget is kind of tight too.
Well, as soon as I tried one (dark grey with a white shirt) and stood in front of a mirror, I couldn't help but grin like a dumbass. These things make you look so ridiculously fancy and suave, just try it out. You won't want to leave without one.

About P&C: They are not exactly cheap, but they have a great selection, the staff is very helpful and the quality is great. I paid 170€ for my suit, which is near the lower end of the price scale, but it's really a great suit. Try it, you won't regret it.
Try to say "bubbles" in a really angry intonation.
30€ white suit by C&A some years back.
I wonder where that one went ... gotta ask my mother if she still has that somewhere.

Well, how about borrowing formal wear from someone? Family, friends, neighbors.
I went with black pants (NOT jeans), green SLONG-SLEEVE shirt (wear short sleeved and you break every basic rule of formal men's wear - only permission on short-sleeved is for uniforms), a turqoise tie and a black vest. Prolly do that again, but I'll have to see what the regulations and shifts for volunteers during that time is. If I'm on duty, I might have to wear Staff-Clothing.
@Stargaze: I'm going crazy in here! I've been to 4 differen C&A's and so far no white suit.. I've found a green one, purplish one, grey, blue, black suit.. but no white.. I really do hope the situation changes for the suit market so I can grab one cheap for this one-use as formal Vinyl Scratch Happy

I should probably practice some facial gestures of dislike and disgust in regards to traditional music RD wink
Luna 2017: Festival Fantazie, Galacon, CZEQUESTRIA 
[Image: eurobarczechrep_zpsebab84c0.png]
[Image: Signature_Banner_zps0bwfwkhu.png]

Czequestria's dragon keeper
(28.02.2013, 19:22)Stargaze Wrote: 30€ white suit by C&A some years back.

Cheerilee hey, we both go to the same store for the same suit?
Location: somewhere between Borington and Dullville. In germany. RD wink
I suppose you are from germany, yes? Well, then try out online shops like bonprix and such. Online you can see if they have any white suits at all at the moment and then go into one of their shops if you don´t like to buy online.
I've got a nice suit from Marks & Spencer (a well known retail chain in the UK), which would be ideal for the occasion, but I do need to get some new formal shoes, since the ones I've got at the moment don't fit me, and I haven't worn them in ages.

As for fragrance, if I were to, let's say put on some Old Spice, would that mean that I don't have to put on much cologne?
[Image: ikGr06rr1JOsI.png]
Reporter and Researcher for Everfree News
Go with what you like. Even both fragrances at the same time could smell good if it´s not too much then.