GalaCon is moving to Ludwigsburg
My dear loyal subjects,

as our beloved ponies are entering their third season, we are happy to make a big announcement for next year’s GalaCon! As you know, the convention will take place on the 3rd and 4th of August, 2013.

During the last couple of weeks, as our plans for GalaCon 2013 evolved, it became clear to us that to be able to provide you all with a truely fantastic experience, we would need to make a huge leap to a bigger and more suited location. To make this all happen, our team has decided to move GalaCon a few kilometers out of Stuttgart to a true marvel, the Ludwigsburg Forum.

The Forum will give us the space and scope to make next year’s convention every brony’s dream! It’s way easier to reach by car or train connections than our previous venue and it’s as beautful as we could hope.

Best wishes,

Your
GalaCon team

[Image: ForumplusCanni.jpg]
My first thought when I saw the new location was: Wow. It looks really great. The whole architecture, the design of light and windows, the place in front of it - astonishing. Now that´s a building more than worthy of such an event. I just hope, everybody will help that it won´t look like in ruins when the GalaCon is over. Would be a real pity!
Wow, pretty impressive.
Can't wait for it. Twilight smile
[Image: kevtnjgp.png]
The new location looks really good !
Living in France, I was wondering how far away Ludwigsburg was from Stuttgart ?
From France with love.
Galacon 2012 : Check.
Galacon 2013 : Check.
Galacon 2014 : Check!
(26.11.2012, 17:51)DehiXeM Wrote: The new location looks really good !
Living in France, I was wondering how far away Ludwigsburg was from Stuttgart ?

15 KM or 10 minutes by train.
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
Is it easy to park near the Forum? Maybe I will come by car like last year. ^^
(26.11.2012, 18:29)Adlynh Wrote: Is it easy to park near the Forum? Maybe I will come by car like last year. ^^

Here is the parking lot guide of the city of Ludwigsburg (unfortunately only avaiable in German): http://www.forum.ludwigsburg.de/site/Lud...sflyer.pdf
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
How accessible is the venue from railways?

I'm planning to travel on the Eurostar and the TGV/ICE to Galacon from St Pancras.
[Image: ikGr06rr1JOsI.png]
Reporter and Researcher for Everfree News
(26.11.2012, 18:29)Adlynh Wrote: Is it easy to park near the Forum? Maybe I will come by car like last year. ^^

We are in discussions with the venue management and if all goes well we will have a big parking lot directly near the con. It will be much easier to go there by car than this year.

(26.11.2012, 20:26)Aurum Noble Wrote: How accessible is the venue from railways?

I'm planning to travel on the Eurostar and the TGV/ICE to Galacon from St Pancras.

The main station in Ludwigsburg is about 5-10 minutes by foot from the con location, but I guess you will have to change trains several times.
(26.11.2012, 20:26)Aurum Noble Wrote: How accessible is the venue from railways?

From Stuttgart Main Station you can use the S4 or S5 (all 10 minutes) to Ludwigsburg. From the Ludwigsburg train station you need to walk 500 meters straight east to the venue or use the bus 413 (all 20 minutes) to it.
GalaCon.eu

national correspondence
social network service
press service
hotel service
(26.11.2012, 20:39)Weatherhoof Wrote:

From Stuttgart Main Station you can use the S4 or S5 (all 10 minutes) to Ludwigsburg. From the Ludwigsburg train station you need to walk 500 meters straight east to the venue or use the bus 413 (all 20 minutes) to it.
Okay. Thanks :)

Dammit Man! Take the plane with me and Gaben. It's £89.95 return ^^
Then we take the S-Bahn from the airport to the city the venue is in!
[Image: 6MOM324.png]
(26.11.2012, 22:26)Anthony Rothstein Wrote:

Dammit Man! Take the plane with me and Gaben. It's £89.95 return ^^
Then we take the S-Bahn from the airport to the city the venue is in!
I'm a railway man :P

Also, I hate having to go through the pain of airport security, and I can just easily get to my home station from public transport, then Tube it to St Pancras for the Eurostar. It saves my dad having to drive me in to Heathrow.
The new location looks simply amazing.
Loads of space for fun fun fun.

Cant wait =)
(26.11.2012, 20:29)JayJay Wrote:

We are in discussions with the venue management and if all goes well we will have a big parking lot directly near the con. It will be much easier to go there by car than this year.

Oh That would be great! Happy Last year I was lucky enough to park not so far from the con, but I agree that it was not really practical!

Anyway, the new place for Galacon looks so gorgeous!!
(26.11.2012, 23:22)Aurum Noble Wrote: I'm a railway man :P

Also, I hate having to go through the pain of airport security, and I can just easily get to my home station from public transport, then Tube it to St Pancras for the Eurostar. It saves my dad having to drive me in to Heathrow.

Fair play man! I quite like trains as well, but I don't think I'd beable to travel for so long on one ;_; I like the plane because it takes about an hour an a half.
[Image: 6MOM324.png]
I was planning on possibly coming to GalaCon before, but after seeing the venue, I may be quite a bit more sure about wanting to come. Sadly, I'm still not sure whether I can come due to money, but I sure will try.
Heh, great! Checking the website every day when volunteering is possible...

For how many people did you plan this year/is the location designed for? There were lots of rumors going around, but nothing reliable.

See you there,
Timmy
probably also going to volunteer, but first wanna see what they need

hope they reveal it soon
varoc506 RD deals with it

security team BUCK
[Image: 283209_554816201199925_2007659335_n.jpg]
(27.11.2012, 21:46)derpwave Wrote: Heh, great! Checking the website every day when volunteering is possible...

For how many people did you plan this year/is the location designed for? There were lots of rumors going around, but nothing reliable.

See you there,
Timmy

The location is big enough for at least 1.000 visitors. We'll see how well it goes. Fluttershy grin