Eurobronies
GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - Printable Version

+- Eurobronies (https://www.eurobronies.org)
+-- Forum: GalaCon (https://www.eurobronies.org/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: GalaCon Talk (https://www.eurobronies.org/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread (/thread-584.html)

Pages: 1 2

GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - steeph - 31.01.2016

Please express your pleasant anticipation here.

I'm looking forward to GalaCon 2016 because it's a great event to meet random nice people by starting a conversation with anybody, because I like selling my LED pictures to refinance my trip and stay, because it's a great time no matter where at or around the con you are at that weekend, because it will be summer and because poni!

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - tomtenberge - 01.02.2016

i am looking forward to galacon aswel, i didn'thave the money to go this year, but my friends (they are completely awesome) helped me get the money, so i will be there!

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - Crash Override - 04.02.2016

I'm also looking forward for the events, what the Galacon are Planned - and that nothing goes wrong; and, at the end, i can met a few people, who i don't see since the last GalaCon - and work with them as Volunteer, side-by-side.

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - ricardofr-200 - 24.02.2016

Coming from the other side of Europe (as you can see in my signature), going to GalaCon is an investment for a little vacation trip, yeah you read it right, investment. I just can't go alone, or else I'll brake the bank... by the way Canni once said you don't need to break the bank to go to a pony convention anymore, not my case unfortunately.

But hey, not everything is that bad, I managed to go with a friend in 2014, and then with the same guy and my cousin last year, and without major money issues, more than enough for food, stay and transportation. I did spend quite a lot to go to Germany in 2014 by plane and also used the high speed train, but then in 2015 I saved the TGV ticket price, though I had to spend more time in Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, but everything went well.

Once again, I'm totally looking forward to this years convention, because I do want to met the voice of Sunset Shimmer. Yes, Rebecca Shoichet confirmed for this year, I hope she can make it. I'm also looking to meet new people, find good friends again, explore even more what Ludwigsburg has to offer, specially their big park, and make lots and lots of vlogs.

If you saw a guy filming about everything with a small white camera, it was very probably me, and you can check the vlogs in here: GalaCon 2015: Ricardo and Friends Adventure (I just need to upload the final video).

So, I used to stay in the Ibis budget, I really do like that place, but If I could go to an hostel to save a bit without staying far away of the convention place, close enough to go by foot, that would be cool. I shall start looking for some places to stay, I'll be browsing and maybe posting something in the Ride/Room Sharing section sooner or later.

Bloody hell, that was a heck of a testament up there Applejackshocked My apologies, I always get excited when I start writing in a forum  Fluttershy grin 

Cheers Brohoof

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - steeph - 24.02.2016

I'm glad you'll come again this year :)

There are other hotels in the same price range as the Ibis. Don't wait with booking if you are sure that you will go. The cheap rooms will be gone first. Did you have a look at the Hotel Riviera? It's cheap and only about 10 minutes to walk from the con. If you can pay just a bit more, my tip is the Komfort Hotel near the train station. It's still near enough to the con that you can walk there to get something real quick.

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - IronM17 - 26.02.2016

Like always, I don't have big expectations into the convention. I mean, it's my fourth Galacon and the last three cons was always awesome. So, I think this year Gala is also awesome.^^ 
I go to the Gala to meet old and new people, see awesome Cosplays (maybe I also make a cosplay this year), make a lot of photos, buy some merch and have an awesome saturday evening (I am wondering which musicians are on the con). 

@Ricardo: I hope I meet you again this year. ^^

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - Melgarh - 29.02.2016

Like all the other years, I shall be present with my trusty basscanon. The Blue one has been retired past year and replaced with "Construction one" (black box with yellow/black stripes) and, if time allows, I shall have a new one by the time Galacon comes! Happy

Ciao at Towers pub and at the con!

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - Adlynh - 02.03.2016

I will be there at my vendor table like past years! Happy 5 years of Galacon and I've not missed a single one! I remember how the first Galacon was in the youth hostel in Stuttgart and moved to Ludwigsburg the next year and stay until now. Last year was so awesome, I'm really looking forward to meet all the old and new people and share with you a part of my work! I hope many of you will come play the colored balls lottery game at my table and have fun! Happy

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - ricardofr-200 - 03.03.2016

(26.02.2016, 03:02)IronM17 Wrote: I go to the Gala to meet old and new people, see awesome Cosplays (maybe I also make a cosplay this year), make a lot of photos, buy some merch and have an awesome saturday evening (I am wondering which musicians are on the con). 

@Ricardo: I hope I meet you again this year. ^^

Oh you're going to cosplay? That's awesome! I hope to meet you again too!

(29.02.2016, 11:21)Melgarh Wrote: Like all the other years, I shall be present with my trusty basscanon. The Blue one has been retired past year and replaced with "Construction one" (black box with yellow/black stripes) and, if time allows, I shall have a new one by the time Galacon comes! Happy

Wait, hold on a second, are you this guy?
[Image: SAM_8353.jpg]

This one was taken in 2014, but I remember I saw you in 2015 too, and I guess you're this guy here too:

[Image: construction_DJ.jpg]
Can't wait to see the new basscanon! RD deals with it

(02.03.2016, 02:12)Adlynh Wrote: I will be there at my vendor table like past years! Happy 5 years of Galacon and I've not missed a single one! I remember how the first Galacon was in the youth hostel in Stuttgart and moved to Ludwigsburg the next year and stay until now. Last year was so awesome, I'm really looking forward to meet all the old and new people and share with you a part of my work! I hope many of you will come play the colored balls lottery game at my table and have fun! Happy

Oh, you're going again too! Awesome, by the way, I don't know if you remember, but I'm that one guy who got that poster with Rarity at the pool with those black shades. I hope I can get some new posters next year, I have a bunch now from lots of artists now, including some of yours!

As I said before, I can't wait to meet all the people again this year. Cheers everypony! [Image: brohoof.png]

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - IronM17 - 03.03.2016

(03.03.2016, 15:51)ricardofr-200 Wrote: Oh you're going to cosplay? That's awesome! I hope to meet you again too!

Maybe, when I get all the stuff for the cosplay, then I will do it. But it is enough time until the con starts.

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - 404compliant - 04.03.2016

(03.03.2016, 15:51)ricardofr-200 Wrote: Wait, hold on a second, are you this guy?
http://s25.postimg.org/8ws5f4wp9/SAM_8353.jpg

Not me, but I'll answer anyway. Yes, thats Melgarth, as we all know him. Its a lot more difficult to recognize him when he's not wearing his cosplay. ^^

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - IronM17 - 04.03.2016

(29.02.2016, 11:21)Melgarh Wrote: Like all the other years, I shall be present with my trusty basscanon. The Blue one has been retired past year and replaced with "Construction one" (black box with yellow/black stripes) and, if time allows, I shall have a new one by the time Galacon comes! Happy

A new one? Sounds nice. ^^ I am wondering what it is this time. And I hope I can make good fotos of the cosplayer. And what is a galacon without the czech bronies and their cosplays like Flutterguy or piano Zecora. Btw.: Is he back at Galacon this year?

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - ricardofr-200 - 04.03.2016

(04.03.2016, 01:52)404compliant Wrote:
(03.03.2016, 15:51)ricardofr-200 Wrote: Wait, hold on a second, are you this guy?
http://s25.postimg.org/8ws5f4wp9/SAM_8353.jpg

Not me, but I'll answer anyway. Yes, thats Melgarth, as we all know him. Its a lot more difficult to recognize him when he's not wearing his cosplay. ^^

HAHAHA!!! He's a true cosplayer then, if you get what I mean Fluttershy grin

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - tomtenberge - 14.03.2016

i will be there again to, in my flutterguy cosplay, and my friend Nightmare Moon (fursuit)

btw, anypony ever happen to get a good picture of me last year? somehow, i am good at dodging camera's XD.

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - Melgarh - 15.03.2016

@RicardoFR: Yep - that's me with the Vinyl Scratch and Blue Basscanon Mark 1 at Galacon 2013 and 2014! =)

At Galacon 2015 I've went with Construction Pony cosplay, as wearing a wig gives me big headache plus it was quite original, nobody in the world has cosplayed construction pony, at least that's what Google Images and EqD says! Happy And new basscanon was soooo much lighter and more powerful and lasting than the previous one - getting better at it!

I may be making a Tony Stark Cosplay with new special "basscanon", will see about how to ponify it for Galacon or maybe refurbish the Vinyl Scratch.. too many choices!

@IronM17: Pidi aka PianoZecora should be back after his 1.5 year adventure in New Zealand so watch out for your pianos!

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - steeph - 18.06.2016

I hope somebody will show up with a Plaid Stripes costume or cosplay!

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - DoctorWhooves - 22.06.2016

It's so cool to see so many people still excited over the show and the convention. Just proves that a phenomenon doesn't easily lose its spark after 5 years ;)

Although part of the reason why people keep attending may be the feeling of nostalgia for the previous years of Galacon, or they hope to re-meet old acquaintances. And perhaps a few newcomers here and there.

Personally I'm also very excited for the convention for those reasons, and because the atmosphere is always amazing!
I haven't missed out on any of the previous Galacons, so no reason to miss out on this one!
Since 2014 I'm 'officially' a part of the Czech brony bus, which is always really fun. Although I do miss the silly car adventures with my Dutch friends.

Each year I've been there as the 10th Doctor, so I guess it would break the tradition to not do so this year. The plan was actually to buy a new suit, but finances have been tight, so if luck would be so kind to stick with me and make my suit survive for another year... :)

Looking forward to see you all again!

Much love and beautiful arrangements to you! (Just managed to find this one again, of which I'm sure you all remember!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3O2OBxsYGQ
[video=youtube]It's so cool to see so many people still excited over the show and the convention. Just proves that a phenomenon doesn't easily lose its spark after 5 years ;) Although part of the reason why people keep attending may be the feeling of nostalgia for the previous years of Galacon, or they hope to re-meet old acquaintances. And perhaps a few newcomers here and there.  Personally I'm also very excited for the convention for those reasons, and because the atmosphere is always amazing! I haven't missed out on any of the previous Galacons, so no reason to miss out on this one! Since 2014 I'm 'officially' a part of the Czech brony bus, which is always really fun. Although I do miss the silly car adventures with my Dutch friends.  Each year I've been there as the 10th Doctor, so I guess it would break the tradition to not do so this year. The plan was actually to buy a new suit, but finances have been tight, so if luck would be so kind to stick with me and make my suit survive for another year... :)  Looking forward to see you all again!  Much love and beautiful arrangements to you! (Just managed to find this one again, of which I'm sure you all remember!)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3O2OBxsYGQ[/video]

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - Dan The Man - 25.06.2016

Hello, everypony!  Fluttershy grin

I've got a splendid last-minute offer for all those who're planning to visit Galacon, but have not yet found a proper room to stay in.

Some time ago, I've booked a spot as part of a Brony group in the Ludwigsburg hostel Campus Zwei.
Unfortunately, it turned out that I can't go to Galacon this year after all ( Sad ), and my spot will remain empty - it's too late to alter the booking.

Therefore, I am now looking for somepony who's interested in taking my spot!

• The hostel's situated right across from the Galacon venue ('Forum am Park'), less than fifty metres from the main entrance.
  • The reservation lasts from Friday the 29.7. 'till Monday the 1.8, so there's plenty of time for you to arrive, enjoy Galacon in its entirety, and depart.
  • The spot's in a generously fitted double room.
  • The hostel's going to chock-full of friendly, adventurous and stupendously classy Bronies, so you can expect to have some great company. Pinkie approved
  • Price: (mere) 197,- Eur.
If anyone of you is even remotely interested in the offer, send me a PM so I can take care of all preparations!
 Lyra astonished
But you must hurry! Time is fleeting!

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - FoxTheCat - 05.07.2016

This year I am in quite a hassle. I barely got money to spend on the Gala'16. I do have enough to get there, pay for my room and eat and all, but that's where my money ends.
But in all honesty, that's alright. The biggest take-away from the Gala is the experience anyway. You can buy merch online if you want it so badly, but you can't listen to those amazing people on their amazing panels. I am greatly looking forward to the Gala. 
Let's make it so that we can rinse and repeat for next year!  RD wink

RE: GalaCon 2016 Anticipation Thread - steeph - 05.07.2016

You're right, fun will be had anyway! :)