Eurobronies
Suggestion: Location Flag / Hotlinks / Spoilers - Printable Version

+- Eurobronies (https://www.eurobronies.org)
+-- Forum: Eurobronies.org (https://www.eurobronies.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback & Support (https://www.eurobronies.org/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Location Flag / Hotlinks / Spoilers (/thread-46.html)

Suggestion: Location Flag / Hotlinks / Spoilers - Stargaze - 19.12.2012

Hi peeps! Went through the forum and noticed some details that I find unlucky to have.

1. Flags / Location icon
A small flag icon with the user-info (on the left) would be nice to see where someone is living.
With so many different nationalities, it helps to know who is sitting where.
Prevents constant "where you from?" and so on. Some have that in their avatars/sigs,
but a built-in feature appears useful to me.

2. Hotlinks
Hotlinked words do not automatically appear in a different color, marking them and thus telling others that there IS a hotlink at all. This can easily be bypassed by recoloring the words yourself of course.
It's a bit more work however and I noticed the color-code has to be within the URL-code, else it's not applied.
Meaning:
Code:
[URL='X'][color='Y']Content[/color][/URL]

I find this impractical.

3. Spoiler tags
Work fine, but are easily overlooked, which I consider a pity.
Perhaps a frame or so can be generated with it? Catches the eye.

- - -

Not trying to complain, not even sure if these things are possible to change in the first place; however if possible, it would be a handy improvement.

Thanks anyway!

Cheers!

RE: Suggestion: Location Flag / Hotlinks / Spoilers - DoctorWhooves - 21.12.2012

I agree, those would be nice improvements! Happy
Especially the url thing.

RE: Suggestion: Location Flag / Hotlinks / Spoilers - SharkMachine - 07.01.2013

(19.12.2012, 15:32)Stargaze Wrote: 1. Flags / Location icon
A small flag icon with the user-info (on the left) would be nice to see where someone is living.
With so many different nationalities, it helps to know who is sitting where.
Prevents constant "where you from?" and so on. Some have that in their avatars/sigs,
but a built-in feature appears useful to me.

There's a field in profile for location, so it could be displayed on posts for starters.

RE: Suggestion: Location Flag / Hotlinks / Spoilers - Jamis - 07.01.2013

(19.12.2012, 15:32)Stargaze Wrote: 2. Hotlinks
Hotlinked words do not automatically appear in a different color, marking them and thus telling others that there IS a hotlink at all. This can easily be bypassed by recoloring the words yourself of course.
It's a bit more work however and I noticed the color-code has to be within the URL-code, else it's not applied.
Meaning:
Code:
[URL='X'][color='Y']Content[/color][/URL]

I find this impractical.

Just a detail about hyperlinks - how it works:

* web address in plain text (without url tags) is automatically converted to hyperlink (not underlined or any other way highlighted)
* if you somehow format text (italic, color...), that contain web address (without url tags), it is not automatically converted to hyperlink, unless proper url tags are used

+1 for highlighting hyperlinks in forum